1) What is Xcode and iPhone SDK?
2) What is the difference between retain and release?
3) Difference between retain and copy ?
4) Difference between delegate and datasource?
5) Any five delegate and datasource method of UITableView with their explanation ?
6) Explain delegation, categories, and subclassing. What are their pros/cons? Can you give examples where you would use one over the other?
7) Difference between sax parser and dom parser ?
8) What is atomic and non atomic ?
9) XML parsing procedure (NSXMLParser).
10) What is @synthesize?
11) Explain deep copy and shallow copy ?
12) Difference between pass by value and pass by reference ?
13) Write a simple prog to add data using SQLITE?
14) Write a simple prog to parse an xml file (xml file structure will be provided by the company)
15) What is a class difference between a class and a structure ?
16) Difference between table view and picker view?
17) Write a program, if u have two classes A and B. A contain some class and instance method and you have to invoke this method in B. Do it without using inheritance?
18) Difference between UIView and UIViewController ?
19) Steps to deploy an app into the device ?
20) Difference between protocol and delegate ?
22) Explain stack and heap?
23) Why dynamic memory allocation is required?
24) Explain the types of Notification in iPhone ? and how to use them ?
25) Few Questions on your iPhone Project (if any)
26) Given an object of an unknown type, how would you determine its class? How would you check to see if it conforms to a given protocol? How would you check to see if it responds to a given message/selector?
27) Difference between frames and bounds ?
28) what is the difference between a synchronous and an asynchronous request ?
29) How to display different image from the server inside the table view ?
30) Difference between release and autorelease ?
Few other links to iPhone interview questions
I hope the above interview questions for iPhone help you to crack the interview and if they do then please let me know via comments or via mails, until then happy iCoding and have a great Day. Comments and Feedbacks are always welcome